Behavior and Training Classes
To love your dog is to learn with your dog! The Training & Education Center at the Animal Rescue League and Western PA Humane Society is Pittsburgh’s premier place for all of your dog’s training needs. Our team is comprised of some of the city’s most knowledgeable canine trainers. Our positive, reward based training methods will help to bring out the best in your dog all while strengthening the human-canine bond! Register for an class at our East End or North Shore location today!
Class Types Offered
- Basic: Foundation courses for learning beginner skills
- Advanced: Continuing courses for sharpening skills and focus towards accelerated classes
- Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Coaching: AKC CGC program designed to recognize dogs with good manners and responsible pet owners
- Therapy Dog Preparation: Practice test exercises and prepare for animal assisted therapy work
- C.L.A.S.S. (Canine Life and Social Skills): Developed by the Association of Pet Dog, the program is designed to help your dog navigate the outside world successfully
- Sports and Fun: Learning through exercise, activities & entertainment
- Tutoring: sessions for specific skills or behavior matters
Where are behavior classes held?
North Shore Facility: 1101 Western Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15233
East End Facility: 6926 Hamilton Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15208
When are classes held?
Classes are held on a variety of days and times to adjust to your busy schedule. View a complete listing of class dates and times here.
What is the tuition fee?
$100.00 per dog; Specialty class tuition fees may vary.
Class Refund and Rescheduling Policy
If class is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, students will be notified. Students may reschedule or request a refund.
Notice of cancellation by a student must be done no later than five (5) days prior to the class in order for a refund to be issued. A $15.00 processing fee will be deducted from all refunds.
Notice of rescheduling class by a student must be done no later than five (5) days prior to the class. One requested reschedule is permitted per dog. Any additional requests require full payment of a class. No refund will be granted for obedience training classes included in our adoption package.
For inclement weather cancellations, students will be notified via email.
All adult dogs must be up to date on both distemper (DHPP/DHLPP) and rabies vaccines. Puppies are required to have age appropriate vaccinations based on veterinarian recommendation. Bordatella is highly recommended. We require proof of current vaccinations to be presented to your trainer at the orientation session. Please contact your veterinarian for medical advice and proof of vaccinations.
Send email inquiries to email@example.com or call 412-321-4625 x224 for details.
Behavior and Training Classes Pages
Browse the pages below to find information on our Behavior and Training Classes.