Trap, Neuter, & Return (TNR)
The Animal Rescue League is acutely aware of the problem of feral cats in our area. Many well meaning people start out feeding a few stray cats only to find themselves overwhelmed by cats and kittens who may have no interest in human interaction, but who have come to count on this generous impulse for survival.
To help these feral cat caregivers, the Animal Rescue League discounts spay/neuter surgeries for feral cats. For $30, our clinic will spay or neuter a feral cat, provide a rabies vaccine, and ear-tip the cat to identify him or her as already spayed or neutered.
Trap-Neuter-Return is a humane approach for feral cats. Though this program, outdoor cats are humanely trapped, brought to the clinic, spayed or neutered, receive a rabies vaccine and ear-tipped (for identification purposes) and returned to their outdoor home.
- Identify that there is a feral cat in your neighborhood (more…)
- Schedule an appointment with Clinic: 412-345-7300 x 211 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trap the cat(s) the evening before the scheduled surgery
- Safely transport the cat(s) to the Animal Rescue League between 8:30am and 10:00am the day of your scheduled appointment.
- Pick the cat up at the designated time and follow post surgery instructions before returning the cat to its natural environment.